Wednesday 14 April 2010

Quorn Lasagne and Scotch Pancakes

No, not at the same time! I've been trying new recipes again. On sunday morning we woke up and realised there were no breakfast foods in the house, so I had a scout around in the cupboards and found a recipe for scotch pancakes on the side of a cream of tartar pot. I've bought them from supermarkets before but never made them myself so I decided to give it a go. Here's the recipe I used:

Scotch Pancakes (or drop scones)

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 275ml (1/2 pint) milk
  • 225g (8oz) self raising flour
  • 50g caster sugar
  • 1 tsp cream of tartar
Method:

Beat the eggs and milk together, stir this mixture into the flour and sugar, add the cream of tartar and beat until you have a thick, lump free batter. Drop a generously sized tablespoon worth of mixture onto a greased or non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Turn when the surface is covered in bubbles and cook until golden. 

For my pancakes I used soya milk instead of cows milk, and I didn't notice any difference to the taste. I found that dropping the mixture from about 3 inches above the pan made nice round shaped pancakes, while pouring it made oval shapes. I just eat mine warm with butter, do you have any other toppings? 

(I was too wrapped up in the process to take any photos so I'll hold this space for next time I make some.)

Quorn Lasagne

Last night I finally got around to looking up a lasagne recipe for the pasta sheets I bought months ago. I'm not that keen on eating red meat so I usually substitute Quorn products instead. I used this recipe from their website. I made mine as close to the above link as I could with what was in the cupboards. Again I used soya milk rather than cows milk and noticed no difference to the taste. We got four tasty portions out of it, we ate two last night and I've frozen the rest.

Yum, yum, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment