Wednesday 29 December 2010

Crayon blanket - WIP Weds

Thanks to Tami for hosting!
 
I had thought my next project would be the Hooded Jacket, but it turned out I couldn't wait that long to start something new. So while we all get set up ready to start the crochet along I've started on the colour me blanket. It's made up of six giant crayons pointing in opposite directions. I'd already bought some red yarn before Christmas, intending to have a go at one crayon before I buy the other colours. The pattern is made up of alternating single and double crochet (US terms), which gives it a bumpy textured look. This is my progress so far:


It's going well. I'll try to be good and buy each colour as I finish the last one.

For people who want to join in with the crochet along, what start date would you like? Would halfway through January give you enough time to buy yarn? Say the 16th ish. Or would you prefer a whole month to shop and start on February 1st?


6 comments:

  1. What a cute blanket... I don't crochet, but I think it's a great idea that you have to host the crochet along. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable blanket! The hooded jacket is so cool looking. I wish I could crochet better. Good look with the crochet along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fun blanket to work on. Looking forward to watching your progress with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That makes me want to dig out my ancient and somewhat decrepit crochet skills. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOD, I love the crayon blanket! That's awesome! I'm not putting that in my queue. I'd love to do the crochet along, but not sure if I have the yarn for it (and just went on my yarn diet).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tami, assuming you have (almost) enough yarn in your stash the coat could be seen as a good stash buster lol.

    ReplyDelete